Could I Be Pregnant and not know it?
Knowing about the changes that happen during pregnancy helps you to be more aware of your body and your needs. This month-by-month calendar summarizes what will happen. However, every pregnancy is different, so don’t be alarmed if you haven’t experienced certain changes by the date given here. Each month there’s usually something else you need think about, such as booking antenatal classes. These are pointed out at the relevant time in the calendar but covered in more detail in (How long is pregnancy).
Very first signs of pregnancy
If you are planning a pregnancy and miss your period, you may suspect that you are pregnant. Could I be pregnant with no symptoms, You may not notice any other changes apart from the missed period at first, but an increase in hormonal activity will confirm your pregnancy with one or more of the following very first signs of pregnancy:
* Feeling of nausea at any time.
* Change in taste: perhaps you will suddenly not be able to tolerate alcohol or coffee.
* A preference for certain foods, sometimes close to a craving.
* A metallic taste in your mouth.
* Changes in your breasts; they may feel tender and tingly.
* need to urinate more frequently.
* Tiredness at any time of the day; you may even feel faint or dizzy too.
* Increase in normal vaginal discharge.
* Your emotions swing unpredictably.
How many weeks in a pregnancy?
Pregnancy lasts 266 days from the moment the egg is fertilized. Actual fertilization is usually difficult to pinpoint precisely. When estimating how pregnant you are, day one of your pregnancy is taken from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP) and not the day of fertilization. Could I Be Pregnant, If you have an average 28-day cycle, fertilization is counted as having taken place on day 14 and not day one of your pregnancy because ovulation usually takes place about 14 days before your period. The Pregnancy timescale is thus 266 days plus 14 days – that is, 40 weeks. However, this is only a guide. The average normal pregnancy can last anything from 38 to 42 weeks.