BUYING GUIDE CAR SEATS: Upon leaving the maternity unit until the age of 10, your child must be installed in a car seat for car trips. Naturally, the type of auto seat recommended changes according to the weight and age of your baby. To know everything about car seats to choose the one that will secure your child in the car, discover this guide!
THE CLASSIFICATION OF CAR SEATS
Today the standard in force is the European Standard ECE R44-04. This regulation classifies car seats according to the weight of the child they can accommodate.
There are five groups:
- Group 0: from birth to 10 kg
- Group 0+: from birth to 13 kg
- Group 1: 9 to 18 kg
- Group 2: 15 to 25 kg
- Group 3: from 22 to 36 kg.
Some car seats are scalable and cover several slices of weight. This is the case of:
- Group 0 + / 1 : from birth to 18 kg
- Group 1/2/3: 9 to 36 kg
- Group 2/3: 15 to 36 kg.
The nacelle is a group 0 car seat. Perfect for the motherhood, the nacelle is used from birth until six months of the baby, according to its morphology of course. Particularly recommended for premature infants or children, it allows an elongated position, much more comfortable for long journeys. Also, the extended position is the most appropriate during the first months of your child. There is no pressure on his skeleton still very fragile. A safety kit keeps the child in the nacelle, which must be placed on the rear seat.
A hull is a group 0+ car seat that can be used from birth even if, for optimal comfort of your child, Recommends you to use it for 3 to 4 months. The shell has a semi-elongated position and is much less comfortable for infants. A car seat can be used up to 13 kg of your child.
If you opt for a hull from birth, use the first months a reducer and privilege exclusively short trips.
From the baby’s 3/4 months, use the hull by positioning baby back to the road, the car seat installed in the front passenger seat or the rear seat according to your preference. Baby is held in the hull through a harness.
“CLASSIC” AUTO-TITAN SEATS AND THEIR SPECIFICATIONS
The nacelle and the hulls are car seats for infants and very young babies. Traditional car seats have a “seat” shape and are accessible to children from 9 kg or about one year. Depending on the group chosen, a car seat can be used up to the age of 10.
Traditional car seats (in the form of a seat) are for groups 1, 2 and 3, but also for groups 0 + / 1 and 1/2/3 and 2/3.
THE SPECIFICITIES OF CAR SEATS
The ideal car seats are distinguished by peculiarities that can be combined. These specificities are four in number:
- Evolutive car seats that adapt to baby’s growth and help keep the car seat longer,
- The swivel car seats that allow greater comfort and convenience when installing baby in the car seat,
- The Isofix car seats with the safest seat system regarding safety,
- The car seat shields which has a different fastening system enhancing safety.
EVOLUTIVE CAR SEATS
The car seats can be scalable. In this case, they will adapt to your child’s growth for longer.
The groups concerned are the groups 0 + / 1, 1/2/3 and 2/3. These car seats can be impressive from the 9 or 15 kg of baby depending on the group (group 1/2/3 or 2/3) but know that with these car seats evolutive, you will still have to invest in a nacelle Or a hull for the first baby rides.
SWIVEL CAR SEATS
Particularly appreciated by parents is the pivoting car seats, such as the Axis by Bebe Confort. Thanks to its 90 ° rotation to the right or the left, it is much easier to install baby.
The swivel car seats are quite a few. The groups concerned are:
The 0 + / 1 group with the Renolux 360 ° car seat and the Cybex Sirona Poppy,
Group 1 with Axis.
THE ISOFIX CAR SEATS
- The Isofix standard makes it possible to use seat belts for infants no longer. Thanks to its three anchor points, your car seat is securely attached.
- To install the baby safety seat, just clip the 2 Isofix clips from the car seat to the Isofix hooks on your vehicle.
- The third anchor point may consist of the additional restraint strap – also called the Top
- Tether – or the Strut Leg. This third anchor prevents the car seat from tipping forward in the event of a frontal impact.
The Isofix system is the highest level of security. Thanks to the democratization of this standard, new vehicles are automatically equipped with Isofix anchor points. Indeed,
This rule is mandatory since February 26, 2004. If you have an old vehicle or if you wish to benefit from an Isofix system for your car seat (group 0+) hull know that there are Isofix bases that make it possible to take advantage of the same Level of safety for baby.
Thanks to the Isofix system, you benefit from:
- Greater ease of installation
- A more secure installation thanks to the light that turns green when the seat is installed and confirms the position locking
- A sound signal to confirm that your car seat is securely attached
- Better restraint in case of shock
- Crash-test results are far superior.
- The Isofix system is available in Group 1, 2 and three car seats as well as on “Evolving” groups: 0 + / 1, 1/2/3 and 2/3.
- As previously mentioned, for the hull, Isofix bases are available. Only the nacelles do not have this safety system.
THE CAR SEATS WITH IMPACT SHIELD
As the baby is one year old, you will have to choose between a perfect car seat with a harness and a car seat protection. Finding a car guard and Isofix seat is entirely possible since this combination is common. The combination of these two features increases the safety of your vehicle seat.
Indeed, the self-shield seats are constituted, in the system of attachment, of materials which damp the shocks. Efficiently absorbing energy, they offer optimum protection in the event of a frontal impact. In a collision, the forces released are distributed over the impact shield, which is similar to an inflated air cushion. In case of a violent shock, your child wraps around the shield and is not propelled towards the ”
As with a car seat harness … The car seat shields exist for the car seats of group 1 (from 9 to 18 kg) like Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat.
The car protection seats are also available in category 1/2/3 for children from (9 to 36 kg). The best known in category 1/2/3 are those of the brand Maxi-Cosi. The Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat are powerful and ultra-reliable.
See more: THE SELECTION OF CAR SEATS AT LOW PRICES