4 Best car seat for newborn reviews
You will not need to take much to the hospital for your baby, Most important of all is the car seat: unless you are walking home, the hospital will not let you leave without one of these. Buy new, or if you are taking on one that’s second-hand, only accept from a good friend, in case it is damaged in an accident, which could compromise its effectiveness.
Best car seat for newborn is designed for babies who weigh up to about 20 pounds,
depending on the seat. They are best for newborns, and they may be the best fit for premature infants.When you are shopping, look at several different models and reviews.
Best car seat for newborn#1 Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35
Many of the other brands of seats on the market are massive when a child is put in them. Graco SnugRide seat have great features, but those features come to the weight. The seat is light. It weighs in at 7 ½ lbs, but the material seems cheaply made.It seems like Graco SnugRide stepped up the quality over the past couple of years.
- Click Connect technology providing a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect strollers. The ease of taking her from the house to the car and clicking the car seat into the base is excellent. It is easy to go from car to stroller in the same manner.
- The base has the clips to attach to the seat and can be moved to a different car rather quickly. It slips easily into its base with one hand. Easy to snap in and out of a base, easy adjustments.
- The base was easy to use as it has a built-in leveler to make it easy to install. Installing the base was relatively easy.
- The security of the seat.The seat is solidly carried out without being overly thick. Moreover, it comes in first in every car seat safety rating chart I saw. Just make sure you follow the installation instructions.
- The color pattern is a great neutral color for either gender.
Find out more about: Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35
Best car seat for newborn#2 Chicco Keyfit 30 Car seat
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base is fantastic! It was a good balance of price, features, and safety for my baby.
- The construction of the seat is pretty cool. Without going into tons of detail, it looks and feels “well made.” The “click in” base for the car is great, much easier to install in your car.
- The base is easy to install in the car, and it is lightweight, so moving it around the car or to another vehicle is very easy. We installed it using LATCH. The straps are easy to adjust and buckle/unbuckle. It is relatively easy to remove the cover to wash it, and it does look nice.
- The carrier is a light heavier than some of the other brands out there, but the padding on the seat is excellent and makes you feel like there’s more surrounding your little one in case of an accident.
- Consumer Reports gave Chicco Keyfit the highest safety rating.
- The car seat seems very well made. The material is not as soft compared to other car seats. The fabric is easy to clean, and the simple colors work well for either boys or girls.
Find out more about: Chicco Keyfit 30 Car seat.
Best car seat for newborn#3 Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
Favorite car seat! So easy to read and understand the instructions. Very cute and will be perfect for the babes. Great car seat. Easy to clean, easy to take in and out the car, easy to carry. It is very easy to get a newborn in and out and she seems very comfortable in it.The Britax is a little narrower which means more room in the car! It looks great in our Britax B-ready stroller.
Most importantly it is safe and has the very high rating on the safety features from various sites.The car seat is cumbersome and good quality. It is easy to use and clicks only into the base. It is super easy to tighten, and you click and button to tighten or loosen the straps.
Find out more about: Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
Best car seat for newborn#4 UPPAbaby MESA Infant Car Seat
These are so sturdy, yet slim, and the ratchet system for the latches is the genius! It comes with a newborn insert for smaller babies which is a great option to have. Incredibly easy to install, either with LATCH or with the seatbelt.
The 2015 model of this seat is considerably lighter than the old one; The fabric seems more breathable than most other car seats — it is almost more of a mesh like you see on the sides of sneakers, rather than the tightly woven canvas you’d more typically see in a car seat. It wipes clean very easily. Our only complaint with this seat is that the canopy comes close to the handle when the handle is fully upright.
Find out more about: UPPAbaby MESA Infant Car Seat
How do you know which best car seat for newborn to buy?
The best car seat for newborn is one that fits your child’s age, weight and height, can be installed correctly, Make sure the upholstery on your car seat can be removed and washed, Your insurance company may offer a program to buy best car seat for newborn at a reduced rate, Search the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) database for recent recalls and news releases regarding baby items and has easy-to-use features.
Recommended Reading: How to buy best car seats for infants and newborn