BabyBjorn Original Baby Carrier for newborn: Best Carrier Safety
One month down the line, as new parents, you may find it hard to remember a time when your baby was not there. While he is still your primary focus, make sure you take a time to take care of yourselves and talk to each other. Getting out of the house daily is a good start. During the early months, many babies are happy to doze on and off in a baby carrier, which can be convenient as it allows parents more flexibility.
Carriers are perfect for hands-free activities, and for going out without a big piece of equipment. Your baby will feel reassured being held close to you. Choose a carrier that will hold and support your baby securely and is the right size for her. You do not want something that’s too big, where she could fall out if you bend.
- Chest carriers These are best for new babies since they offer sufficient support for the head and neck. Make sure that your partner comes along to try out the carrier before buying it if you both plan to use it.
- Ensuring comfort If you intend to use your carrier a lot, look for one with padding and sturdy, wide shoulder straps. This will not only be more comfortable, but will take the pressure off your back.
There have been recent safety concerns about carrying young babies in pouch-style carriers. Being informed limits the risks.
- Suffocation risks Carriers can pose breathing hazards to babies. In the first months, babies’ weak neck muscles mean they cannot control their heads. If fabric presses against your child’s nose and mouth, she cannot move away. Hammock-type carriers that keep your baby in a curled position bend her chin to her chest restricting her airway and limiting her oxygen supply.
- Safety tips It is now recommended that parents ensure that their baby’s face is not covered, and is visible at all times.If you are breastfeeding your baby in a sling-style carrier, change her position after a feeding so that her head is facing up and is clear of both the sling and your body. For young babies, use an upright carrier that provides neck support and check your child frequently while she is in a carrier.
- Safety standards Check that a carrier meets current Consumer Product Safety Commission safety standards.
BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original, Black, Cotton:Best baby carrier for newborn
The Baby Bjorn is the best carrier around. The most comfortable of the bunch! While it can get a little toasty for both you and baby on warm days. There are times when your child will not want to be in the stroller, but you do not have the option of picking a baby up. With the carrier, your child gets the comfort of being held close to you and you still have your hands free.
The Bjorn seems to work best for 2-9 months, depending on the baby’s size. The Bjorn is sturdy (the straps are nice and wide), easy to handle by yourself, comfortable for both adult and baby and so easy to get it set-up and clean. It is also very easy to put on and take off – much easier than lugging out a stroller. It is very simple to put on and adjust, The inside of the carrier has visual instructions sewn in so you never have to worry about not having the instructions around.
It is perfect for traveling as it folds up compactly into its carry case — about the size of half a loaf of bread — and you can throw it over your shoulder. The only problem is that it has a major pressure point on one of the shoulders after about 5 or 10 minutes of wearing. The only support it provides for holding your child’s weight is straps that wrap around your shoulders, which causes the pressure from your baby to pull down your shoulders–at which point you end up using your neck to help support the weight instead of your back.It could use a strap on the lower back for the HEAVY infant…a little more back support…it is ok at first, but my back did start to hurt after about 15 minutes.
BABYBJORN Baby Carrier for Newborn Description
|See Details: BABYBJORN Baby Carrier for Newborn|
ACTUAL PATIENT TESTIMONIALS:
“Great product! Soft material on the inside ensures that my babies I am sure will feel good about. My daughter loves being in them during her walks. The harness and the lock-on clips are sturdy even though they are made of plastic and gives you a good sense of security. Would definitely buy again if I needed to.” By Shrek13
“I am very happy with our Baby Bjorn. Your child can either face toward you or face out as he/she gets older. It is great for those trips where you do not want to lug a stroller or car seat around. I was able to put it on and get it all set to carry my daughter without even reading the instructions. Some of the clips are color coded, so you know where they go when strapping the Bjorn on. Very pleased with this item!” By Tabitha
The Bjorn is more expensive, but much more user-friendly for mom and baby. The straps are easily adjustable in the back for comfort. The front latches are fool proof to secure baby in the carrier. This is by far the most user-friendly carrier on the market for us. Once you get the hang of using it, it is simple and fast to get on and off, it has good back support, it makes the baby feel secure and frees your hands.