3 sophrology exercises to relax pregnant
Many pregnant women use sophrology to relax and live their pregnancies with serenity. This gentle medicine also helps to prepare for childbirth. Here are three anti stress exercises to try.
Sophrology during pregnancy, in brief
The relaxation therapy was created in the 60s by Colombian neuropsychiatrist Alfonso Caycedo. The exercises, very soft, rely on breathing, visualization of positive images and relaxation. Nowadays, many midwives are trained in Sophrology in France because this gentle medicine has many benefits on pregnant women. It helps to fight muscular tension, stress, sleep better, improve its concentration and also to better manage the pain during childbirth …
You may also be interested in: 4 essential exercises to perform during pregnancy
First exercise of Sophrology: well breathe against stress
- This anti-stress sophrology exercise can be performed as well as standing comfortably on a chair, with the back straight, shoulders relaxed and feet flat on the floor. To strengthen the feeling of well-being, you can put your hands on your belly (without pressing) during the whole exercise, as if you wanted to communicate warmth and tenderness to your future baby …
- Start by inspiring deeply through the nose, by inflating your belly and then exhale as long as possible by relaxing your stomach.
- Tip: To properly regulate your breath, visualize a wave that rises and fills you with well-being when you inhale and then descends when you exhale.
- You can do this abdominal breathing exercise 3 times in a row to be well relaxed.
Second sophrology exercise: the wellness bubble
- Too much agitation around you? Do you want to make a little emptiness and recharge your batteries? So try this very relaxing sophrology exercise.
- The exercise begins standing with arms around the body. Inhale deeply through the nose, raising your arms to the sky, tightly stretched. Stretch them over your head and then exhale slowly, gently lowering your arms, tightly pulled aside.
- The principle is to imagine yourself drawing a wellness bubble around you, at your fingertips …
- Again, this exercise can be performed three times in a row to relax you.
Third exercise in Sophrology: the “prana open hands.”
- This exercise of Sophrology mainly aims to increase the feeling of well-being.
- Standing, arms down the body, breathe calmly through the nose, gently lifting the arms outstretched before you, palms open downwards. Then gently bend your arms, bringing the palms of your hands towards your chest: by doing this, imagine that you are bringing back to you all that is good for you, everything you need to feel Well … Then let your arms gently descend along your body, in a smooth motion, imagining that you are spreading all that well-being on your body.
- Do this exercise 3 times, focusing on your sensations.
We recommend reading the article: Sleep: Are you marmot or insomniac?