Natural treatments for varicose veins during pregnancy
During pregnancy, sinuous and often swollen blue veins may appear on the legs. These are varicose veins. They are caused by poor blood circulation and can sometimes be painful. Why not test natural remedies to avoid or treat them?
Preventive measures to prevent varicose veins
- Adopting some healthy habits on a daily basis helps prevent the development of varicose veins during pregnancy First, avoid too many salty foods such as ham, bacon, appetizers or industrial dishes. Salt being a flavor enhancer, it is also very present in sweet products sold commercially. Ideally, their consumption should, therefore, be restricted.
- To avoid varicose veins, also prefer showers to baths and make sure the water temperature is not too hot. You can also finish your toilet with a stream of cold water on your legs. Start gently by your ankles to gently lift up the thighs. Cold water strengthens the tissues and stimulates blood circulation. The trick is therefore ideal to avoid varicose veins!
- Finally, if you can, do not stay too long in a sitting or standing position. At the slightest opportunity, do not hesitate to relax your legs by walking a little, to reactivate the blood flow.
A balanced diet to treat varicose veins naturally
- To get rid of varicose veins, it is essential to eat healthily. Exit sugar and fat. Place in the natural! Antioxidants (prune, asparagus, beetroot, broccoli, red pepper) are the most important foods that strengthen and protect blood vessels, especially those rich in vitamins (kiwi, orange, red fruits, bananas, tomatoes, spinach …) …) and omega-3 (salmon, sardines, dried fruits, soybeans, rapeseed oil …).
- To supplement this balanced diet, remember to hydrate yourself throughout the day.
To fight varicose veins, practice daily physical activity
Just like a varied and balanced diet, physical exercise is one of the fundamentals to alleviate varicose veins. Choose an activity that is compatible with your pregnancy and spends at least 20 minutes a day. If you run out of time, go for exercises at home: yoga, soft gymnastics or, why not, pregnancy fitness.
The cider vinegar, ideal for treating varicose veins
Apple cider vinegar is renowned for stimulating blood circulation. Against varicose veins, it is very effective. The principle is simple: you just soak a cotton cider vinegar, then apply it to your varice by rubbing gently. Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times a day until the varicose veins are attenuated.